Referred Players - Terms for getting credit
Conditions for receiving credit for recruiting a New Player
- Recruited players must complete the “sign up” page and pay/register before the entry deadline. If the new player elects to pay by check, the check must be received before or on the entry deadline.
- Recruited players must identify the referring player as their referral source when completing the “sign up” page on www.gladiatortennis.com
- Recruited players cannot withdraw from the league before the season ends. Player withdrawal hurts the league experience for the other players. If a recruited player withdraws before the end of the season, the referring player will lose credit for referring that player. Exception: If the League Coordinator is given sufficient evidence that the withdrawn recruited player was injured or suffered an unforeseen circumstance that prohibited him/her from playing out the season, the League Coordinator will have the discretion to allow the referring player to keep credit for the withdrawn recruited player.
- Recruited players must play at least 4 of the 7 matches on their schedule. If the recruited player cannot complete at least 4 matches, the referring player will lose the credit received for referring him/her.
- Recruited players must be new to the league. Referring players cannot receive credit for any “recruit” that has ever played Gladiator Tennis before.
- Recruited players can play in any of the Adult leagues - singles, doubles, or mixed.
- Recruited players must be willing to play at the “home courts” of all the opponents on their schedule.
- Recruited players can only cite 1 referring player. If more than 1 person is identified as a referring player, then no one will get credit until the recruited player can confirm over email to the League Coordinator which player he chooses as his referral source.
- The recruited player cannot be considered as such if he/she is also using a coupon or special offer when signing up. Referring players cannot claim credit for a recruited player who uses a coupon or takes advantage of a special offer.
- Referring players cannot receive credit for anyone recruited before the Spring Season of 2021 unless a free season credit has not been received for those direct referrals.
- Once a player receives a prize for Bonus Points, The Bonus Point tally will be reset minus the amount of Bonus Points used to claim a selected prize.
- Employees or contractors with Gladiator Tennis are not eligible for recruitment awards.
How to get credit for a recruited player
- The recruited player must identify the referring player as his referral source when completing the “sign up” page on www.gladiatortennis.com.
- The League Coordinator will be keeping a tally of the number of players each referring player recruits.
- A list of recruiting players and the number of players they each have referred will be updated periodically and emailed to all players.
- Wilson Products – shoes, racquet, customized racquet:
- The player must email the League Coordinator at
firstname.lastname@example.org and specify what product he/she wants and is eligible to receive.
- The League Coordinator will order it from Wilson and the referring player should expect to receive it in the mail within 6-8 weeks.
- Free Season: The player must email the League Coordinator before the entry deadline to let him know he/she is using the free season
- Grand Prize:
- August 10th is the final day for new players to register and be counted in the tally for the winner of the grand prize.
- If there is a still a tie in the scenario listed in the bullet points above, then all of the matches played among the new players will be added together. Default wins or losses will not be included in the count.The contestant whose group of players has played the most matches in 2021 will win the contest.
- If there is a tie between 2 or more contestants for the most new players referred, then the number of seasons that all the new players have played during the course of 2021 will be added together. The contestant whose group of new players has played the most seasons in 2021 will win the contest..
- The winner chooses only 1 of the 4 grand prizes.
- The contestant who has referred the most new players will win the grand prize.
- A minimum of 10 players must be referred to win a grand prize.
Ways to earn Bonus Points:
1.10 Points = Recruit a new player
2.20 Points = Recruit a new player from South Suburbs/NW Indiana (2016 only)
3.1 Point = Receive an “excellent” rating from another player for initiative and responsiveness in arranging a match
4.3 Points = Play a Ratings Match
5.3 Points = Play as a sub for another player