Get Back in the Spring of Tennis!
Get some competition this spring with a flexible outdoor Jr. Gladiator league. Open to junior players ages 9-18 who can serve, rally and score. Beyond being fun and a great form of exercise, this junior league is a competitive, level-based environment that promotes individual growth, social growth and life skills.
This is a flexible individually based format where players compete in 5 singles matches and accumulate points throughout the 9-week season. The points determine placement for the championship playoffs at the end of the season. The 9-week season fee is $42 which includes outdoor playoffs and championships at the end of the summer. PLAY YOUR OWN COURT - PLAY ON OUTDOOR PUBLIC COURTS NEAR YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT!
Gladiator Tennis has a partnership with UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) which is a great and easy way for athletes to start or continue increasing their ratings.
This is an easy way to get competitive matches without the long weekend tournaments.
Begins April 4th - May 31st
WHO CAN PLAY?
- Jr. Players Ages 9- 18
- Co-ed Divisions
- Division 1.0 14U Middle School - Jr. High Players - Open to kids with prior but minimal competition experience
- Division 1.0 16U - Freshman/Sophmore Players (No established UTR, minimal competition experience)
- Division 1.5 14-17 JV High School Players (UTR 2 - 4)
- Division 2.0 14-18 Varsity High School Players (UTR 4.5 and above)
HOW IS THE LEAGUE FLEXIBLE?
- Players will be matched up with 5 opponents (singles only) throughout the 9-week season based on location. Each match will have a score reporting deadline.
- Players will contact each other to coordinate the match day and time based on their schedule availablity.
- Court locations will be less than 20 minutes away for convenience.
- League coordinater is available to help schedule or find convenient courts.
- Easy score and division tracking
WHAT IS THE LEAGUE FORMAT?
- 10 minute warm-up
- All matches are best out of 3 sets of 6 - 3rd set can be played as a 10 point tie-breaker
- Try to limit matches to 2 hours
WHAT IS UTR (Universal Tennis Rating)?
- UTR® to provide is a universal scale for tennis players to self-assess. This is the first time our sport has had one common denominator; whereby a local player starting to engage and love the sport can compare themselves to the top juniors, to the best men’s and women’s open players locally, to each and every college player and program around the country, to pro circuit players, and also compare themselves to the very top pro tennis players like Federer, Nadal, Williams, and Sharapova.
- UTR is a very straightforward rating system that college coaches generally put a lot of stock in for scouting and recruiting.
- UTR is not based on age or gender in any way, it is strictly a measure of level of play.